CFP national championship: jan. 11 vs. Ohio STATE 52-24 W
- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.
- Through 13 games, the Heisman Trophy finalist set the school’s single-season passing record with 4,500 yards through the air.
- His 77.4 percent completion rate tops the previous NCCA single-season best of 76.7 percent set by Texas’ Colt McCoy in 2008.
- Meanwhile, Jones’ 203.06 passer efficiency rating passed the NCAA single-season record of 201.96 set by LSU’s Joe Burrow last year.
CFP Rose bowl game: jan. 1 vs. Notre Dame 31-14 W
- After throwing for 297 yards against Notre Dame, Jones now has 4,036 passing yards on the season, making him the first Tide quarterback to break the 4,000-yard mark in a single year.
- Jones quietly picked apart Notre Dame’s defense, completing 25 of 30 passes while throwing four touchdowns and registering a 210.5 quarterback efficiency rating.
- This game marked the seventh time he’s passed for four or more touchdowns, the sixth time he recorded a passer rating of 200.0 or higher and the fourth time he completed 80 percent or more of his passes in a game this season.
SEC CHAMPIONSHIP: Dec. 19 vs. FLorida 52-46 W
- Jones threw 5 touchdown passes in the SEC Championship game with 33 completed passes, as well.
- The 35 points Alabama scored in the first 30 minutes were the most in an SEC Championship half. Jones’ 418 passing yards now stand alone as the most in the SEC title game.
Dec. 12 vs. Arkansas 52-3 W
- This win moves the Crimson Tide to 10-0 on the season, extending Alabama’s record for the most consecutive 10-win seasons in Southeastern Conference history to 13.
- Now making Alabama the only team in SEC history to win 10 conference games in a season.
- Alabama finished the game with 443 total yards, while holding Arkansas to 188 yards of total offense. Mac Jones was an efficient 24-for-29 and 208 yards through the air.
Dec. 5 vs. LSU 55-17 W
- Quarterback Mac Jones hit a groove early, completing his first 13 passes for more than 100 yards and two touchdowns.
- In all, he finished the night 20 of 28 through the air for 385 yards and four touchdowns.
- Bama’s 55 points were the most for either team in the history of the series, which dates back to 1895.
nov. 28 vs. AUBURN 42-13 W
- Mac Jones picked up another accolade to start the week, as the Davey O’Brien Foundation named him for the Davey O’Brien “Great 8” Award after the Iron Bowl.
- Also named Co-SEC Offensive Player of the Week for the fourth time this season, as he was also selected following the Texas A&M, Georgia and Tennessee games.
- He threw for a career-high five touchdowns in a huge Iron Bowl win while completing 18-of-26 passes for 302 yards.
nov. 21 vs. kentucky 63-3 W
- Alabama had 66 offensive plays. Of those, 55 were parts of touchdown drives.
- The Tide had 509 yards of total offense. Of that, 493 yards were on TD drives.
- Mac Jones left the game with 6:43 to play in the third quarter and Bama leading 42-3. While he was in, the Tide scored five offensive touchdowns with just 28 offensive plays for 288 yards and using only 9:12 of playing time, under two minutes per drive.
OCT. 31 vs. MIssissippi State 41-0 W
- On Halloween night, it was the University of Alabama that put a fright into the Mississippi State Bulldogs, dominating its way to a 41-0 shutout victory inside Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Jones completed 24 of his 31 passes for 291 yards and a completion rate of 77 percent. It was the third time that he threw for four touchdowns or more in his career.
OCT. 24 vs. tennessee 48-17 W
- SEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week
- Racked up 387 yards on 25-of-31 passing and produced a 185.5 passer rating against one of the league’s best defensive units
- Finished with over 380 yards for the fourth straight game while averaging 15.5 yards per completion
- Accounted for 18 first downs through the air and added one rushing touchdown for the Tide’s second score of the afternoon
OCT. 17 vs. GEORGIA 41-24 W
- Davey O’Brien National Quarterback of the Week
- SEC Offensive Player of the Week (2nd time this season)
- Davey O’Brien “Great 8” Quarterback List
- University of Alabama Offensive Player of the Week (2nd time this season)
OCT. 10 vs. Ole miss 63-48 W
- Commanded eight consecutive touchdown drives, threw for 417 passing yards and two touchdowns of his own
- Jones completed 13 straight passes before his first incompletion on the evening, which is the third-longest streak in school history.
- His second straight week of throwing for over 400 yards, as he passed for 435 last time out against Texas A&M. It is the first time that any Crimson Tide signal caller has done that in school history.
OCT. 3 vs. A&M 52-24 W
- SEC Offensive Player of the Week
- Maxwell Player of the Week
- Finished 20 of 27 for 435 yards and four scores as Alabama destroyed the Aggies
Sept. 26 vs. Mizzou 38-19 W
- Coaches’ Player of the Week
- Efficient in his season-opening start, going 18-of-24 for 249 yards and two scores
- Found Jaylen Waddle on two occasions for scoring plays of 18 and 23 yards
- Averaged 13.8 yards per completion with a long connection of 46